Before you arrive, please:
- Be advised that we have a maximum weight limit of 100kgs. (about 220lbs).
- Consult the weather forecast at http://www.dunedin.govt.nz/council-online/weather_information and if inclement weather looks likely, or it is raining on the day, please just give us a call or text on the day to check at 0274333105.
- Wear suitable clothing – pants and closed in shoes. Trainers and jeans are fine, heavy walking boots and shorts are not. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question.
- We can provide riding boots and chaps for you to wear. Hats and weatherproof jackets will be provided.
- Don’t forget your camera! There are beautiful views whatever trek you choose.
- We want you to have a safe but enjoyable adventure. Our horses are not “plodders”, and we work hard to match the right horse to you. If we deem the whole group’s ability to be sufficient, then there may be the opportunity for short trots and canters on the rides. However, anyone causing disruption and jeopardising the safety and enjoyment of the group will be removed from the trek.
- Please park at the bottom of the driveway unless you have and are experienced at driving a four wheel drive vehicle.
- We offer EFTPOS facilities
Notes for the Beach Ride:
Our beach ride suits all abilities, but is especially enjoyable for those with riding experience who may wish to gallop along the sands.
However, we are at the mercy of the tides, and can only go within a 3 hour boundary of low tide.
If you plan to trek soon, please click here for the next few days tide prediction.